Integrated Product and Production Development 9 Credits
Course ContentsThe course covers the activities undertaken and decisions made during the product development process that affects the ability to achieve efficient and effective production. The course further addresses the methods and approaches that can be used to make product development and production to work together in a cost effective way for the holistic picture.
The course includes the following topics:
- Product development process structure and content: product planning, product specifications, concept development, prototyping use, etc.
- Methods and approaches for design for manufacturing and assembly
- Product architecture impact on production
- Collaboration between product development and production
- Cost analysis during product development
PrerequisitesPassed courses 180 credits in first cycle, at least 90 credits within the major subject Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management or Civil Engineering, and 15 credits in Mathematics, and completed courses Production Development I, Strategy and System, 9 credits and Production Development II, Methods and Tools, 7,5 credits. Proof of English proficiency is required.
Level of Education: Master A1F
Course code/Ladok code: TPPS29
The course is conducted at: School of Engineering
Previous and ongoing course occasions
Type of courseProgram
SemesterSpring 2020: Jan 13 - Mar 22
Rate of Study100%
Course coordinatorParaskeva Wlazlak
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students20997kr