Maintenance for Production Performance 5 CreditsWith a starting point in the concept of dependability this course offers a holistic view on maintenance development. One of its purposes is to help you motivate a maintenance strategy to develop your company’s production performance. We will apply different types of simulation to experience the dynamics of maintenance strategies and their consequences to production.
Course ContentsThe development of maintenance management is significant for improving the production performance. In the course, benefits from improving maintenance management are analyzed in different exercises. In the era of knowledge intensive- and innovative production development we also explore the application of different advanced simulation tools for developing maintenance. And, based on the study of a maintenance culture model we discuss together and individually develop a strategy of improvement.
The course includes the following elements:
- Maintenance terminology
- Introduction to different tactical choices of how to manage physical assets, e.g. corrective maintenance, preventive maintenance, and condition-based maintenance
- Introduction to maintenance concepts such as TPM and RCM
- Theory and discussions on reactive and proactive maintenance and its economic impact
- The economic importance of maintenance
- Life cycle costing, key performance indicators in maintenance, and their corresponding effect to drive behavior in maintenance
- The connection between maintenance operations and production operations
PrerequisitesThe applicant must hold the minimum of a bachelor's degree (ie. the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits at an accredited university) with at least 90 credits in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management or Civil Engineering or equivalent, and 15 credits Mathematics. English Language requirements corresponding to English 6 in the Swedish upper secondary school (or the equivalent). The applicant must also have 1 year of qualified work experience. It is possible to apply for exemption from a bachelor's degree and 15 credits Mathematics if the applicant has at least 5 years of qualified work experience.
Level of Education: Master
Course code/Ladok code: TUHR20
The course is conducted at: School of Engineering
Previous and ongoing course occasions
This course is cancelled for study period Aug 31-Nov 23.
Type of courseSingle subject
Number of required meetings3
SemesterAutumn 2020: Aug 31 - Nov 29
Rate of Study25%
TimeThe 3 on-campus meetings can take place in Jönköping or in Värnamo.
Number of places40
Course coordinatorGary Linneusson
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students11665kr