Artificial Intelligence 7,5 Credits
Course ContentsThe course is a basic course in artificial intelligence with a focus on traditional AI, i.e., GOFAI. The course covers many different basic and intermediate topics in the field, alternating theory with practice. After completing the course, the student shall have acquired a basic, but broad, knowledge in the field of artificial intelligence. Specifically, the student should understand and know how to apply all the theoretical concepts covered.
The main concepts included in the course are:
- Traditional AI: Problem representation, production systems, search with and without heuristics, planning, expert systems, automated reasoning, propositional logic, predicate logic, resolution
- Reasoning under uncertainty: Bayesian inferencing and other approaches
- Programming in Prolog: Basic syntax and semantics, lists, structures, recursion, ADT's, implementation of production systems and search algorithms. Constraint logic programming
- Intelligent agents: terminology, environments, different types of agents
- Basic game theory, the minimax algorithm, agents for game playing
- Agents for Markov decision processes
PrerequisitesThe applicant must hold the minimum of a bachelor’s degree (i.e the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits at an accredited university) with at least 90 credits in computer engineering, electrical engineering (with relevant courses in computer engineering), or equivalent. The bachelor’s degree should comprise a minimum of 15 credits in mathematics. Proof of English proficiency is required.
Level of Education: Master
Course code/Ladok code: TARI29
The course is conducted at: School of EngineeringLast modified 2020-10-01 15:00:57