Challenge your education!
Jönköping International Business School has embarked on the exciting project of developing our school in line with the global initiative known as the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME). This initiative is inspired and supported by the United Nations’ on-going efforts to foster responsible and sustainable businesses, including guidelines related to human rights, environments, labour, and anti-corruption. The PRME specifically works with the role of management education by articulating six principles to assist business schools in their work towards sustainable development – through their education, research, activities, and interactions with society.
Challenge your school!
PRME aims to help re-position business schools around the globe. To implement PRME, JIBS needs to develop creative and engaging solutions in the delivery, processes and content of education. This is the reason why we need you – our students at JIBS! Help us challenge JIBS and move it towards a responsible and sustainable education!
The PRME Challenge is a competition directed to all JIBS students. The task of the PRME Challenge is to create novel and fresh initiatives for launching and implementing PRME at JIBS. These initiatives need to have an explicit frame: a course, a programme, specific activities, and processes within JIBS.
Students interested on participating need to
1) Sign in individually or in groups by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject “Registration to PRME Challenge”. There is no limit on the number of students that can join a group.
2) State the frame in which you individually or in group will develop your initiative (i.e. course, programme, activities, and processes) in the e-mail.
3) Develop your initiative in a relevant, clear, original and creative manner in a 3-minute “Video” or a 3-minute Power Point Presentation with written notes including three parts:
- Background for the need of the initiative.
- Detail presentation of the initiative.
- Implementation of the initiative (i.e. how to go about it, resources needed and time-frame).
4) Submit the initiative on two CDs (two copies) in Marcela Ramírez-Pasillas’s post box on the 6th floor, on 17 October 2013 latest 11:00 . The CDs must be labeled with the names of the submitting person or team, and a contact e-mail and mobile number.
The initiatives will be judged based on their relevance, creativity, clarity, and realistic approach to JIBS. The total prize of 9000 SEK will be distributed in three categories as follows:
- Best initiative by Bachelor Students 3000 SEK
- Best initiative by Civilekonom Students 3000 SEK
- Best initiative by Master Students 3000 SEK
The best three initiatives from each category (i.e. Bachelor, Civilekonom and Master levels) will be presented at the JIBS’ Responsible in Action Day on 22 October 2013.
Join us to create an exciting development for JIBS!
Read more in this document
Please contact Marcela Ramírez-Pasillas for more information and details on the PRME Challenge: firstname.lastname@example.org .
To learn more about PRME, go to: www.unprme.org .