Jönköping University – University of Rwanda Kigali organize
1st Conference on:
Recent Trends in Economic Development, Finance and Management Research in Eastern Africa
Kigali, Rwanda 4-6 May 2015
Jönköping International Business School (JIBS) of University of Jönköping and University of Rwanda College of Business and Economics (UR-CBE), invite submissions of completed but unpublished papers that focus on recent trends in economic development, finance and management research in the developing economies of East Africa. This is the first conference in what is planned to become a yearly event.
Theoretical, methodological and empirical research and policy or practice oriented papers are welcome provided that they are based on a sound conceptual foundation with a well-thought method. Applied and practice oriented manuscripts can focus on Eastern Africa as a whole, group of countries or individual economies in the region.
Priority will be given to Eastern Africa studies, but submissions from the rest of Africa are also welcomed. Papers from other regions than Africa are also welcomed, provided that they discuss the implications of the research findings for the African context.
The first day of the conference is dedicated to presentation by participants who are currently enrolled in PhD programs or part of the Jönköping University - University of Rwanda Kigali collaborative Career Development Initiative program in economics, finance and management. Training in statistical packages by professional instructors will be provided. All presenting doctoral students will receive feedback on their research proposals or papers from senior scholars.
Submission of complete papers to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org before March 15th, 2015. Please mark clearly on your submission if your paper is related to economics, finance or management.
A selection of high quality papers presented at the conference will be considered for special issues of leading academic journals in different fields and/or an edited book volume published by an international publisher. No conference fee is applied, but participants are expected to cover their travelling and accommodation expenses.
Submission of full papers (preferably 6,000-8,000 words, typed, 1.5 spaced in Times New Roman, 12 Font Size, 3 cm margin all around, in PDF format): March 15th, 2014
Decision on Submission: March 22nd, 2015
Conference days: May 4-6th, 2015
Submission of Revised Papers for publication: June 1st, 2015
Almas Heshmati, Jönköping International Business School, Jönköping University
Francesco Chirico, Jönköping International Business School, Jönköping University
Chika Ezeanya, University of Rwanda, College of Business and Economics
Lars Hartvigson, Jönköping International Business School, Jönköping University
Research area priorities linked to the Eastern Africa region:
- Assessment of Millennium Development Goals achievements
- Changing AID policy and its development effects
- Economic Development
- Development post 2008 global economics crisis
- Post 2015 Development Agenda for East Africa
- Energy-Growth-Environment Nexus
- Inequality-Poverty-Growth-Environment Nexus
- Multidimensional poverty, inequality, vulnerability, well-being
- Productivity and growth and their social dimensions
- Inclusive growth and development
- Welfare program and policies
- Regional cooperation
- Intra-African trade, opportunities, challenges and barriers
- Urbanization and infrastructure services
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Managing family business enterprises
- Small business management
- Corporate governance
- Marketing and branding
- Leadership and organizational behavior
- Strategic management and international business
- Supply chain management
- Human resource management
- Financial management
- Health policy and management
- Information technology management
- Indigenous knowledge, innovation and development
- Rural development and agribusiness