The event gathers all European Cast Iron Group members – iron experts from all over Europe. Today the group has 152 members from 26 countries and includes representatives of the foundry industry, research centres and education and training institutions.
The main aim of the meeting is to discuss the recent developments within the cast iron related research and innovation area. The most important topics are new material properties, metallurgical control, advanced research and production process.
This will be 13th edition and the second time when the meeting will be held in Sweden. As it was mentioned before the aim is similar to the one at the previous meetings organized in:
- Paris (2009),
- Jönköping (2010),
- Clausthal (2011),
- Durango (2012),
- Kristiansand (2013),
- Nancy (2014),
- Gent (2015),
- Schaffhausen (2016 - 49 participants, 13 presentations),
- Verona (2017 - 46 participants, 9 presentations),
- Porto (2018 - 14 presentations),
- Ljubljana (2019 - 8 presentations),
- Krakow (2021 - online, 15 presentations)