Theory of Science and Scientific Method 15 CreditsThis course focuses on advanced knowledge and skills in theory of science, quantitative and qualitative research design. After completing the course you will have the skills to implement projects and development work where quantitative or qualitative methods are used. The module including quantitative methods also provides advanced knowledge in statistical analyses. In addition, the student should be able to evaluate, analyse and summarise results from scientific literature.
- approaches of theory of science
- critical review of scientific articles
- research ethics
- research design within quantitative research methods
- data collection, analysis and presentation of quantitative data
- research design within qualitative research methods
- data collection, analysis and presentation of qualitative data
- data collection, analysis and presentation using a combination of quantitative and qualitative research methods
PrerequisitesBachelor’s degree (i.e., the equivalent of 180 credits) including a passed 15 credit undergraduate thesis within health and social sciences (or the equivalent).
Level of Education: Master
Course code/Ladok code: HTSR23
The course is conducted at: School of Health and WelfareLast modified 2023-06-08 14:08:39