Surface Technology 7,5 Credits
Course ContentsThe surfaces must meet the product requirements for both functionality and durability. Based on the understanding of the mechanisms behind the challenges, the surface treatment and coating techniques studied in this course constitute the tool case to achieve tailored surface properties of products for manifold applications.
The course includes the following elements:
• Surface degradation, corrosion, wear
• Fundamentals of chemistry and electrochemistry
• Thermal spray, laser-cladding, build-up welding
• Hot-dip coatings
• Organic coatings
• PVD, CVD
• Conversion coatings
• Thermal/mechanical/chemical surface treatment
• Regulations, safety, and sustainability in surface-related processing
PrerequisitesPassed courses at least 90 credits within the major subject Mechanical Engineering, 15 credits Mathematics, and completed course in Thermodynamics, 7,5 credits, proof of English proficiency is required (or the equivalent).
Level of Education: Master
Course code/Ladok code: TYTS22
The course is conducted at: School of EngineeringLast modified 2021-12-01 13:52:57