Pathway Year English, 60 credits
Application opens 30 November
Language skills and social competence are the two key factors- in addition to formal qualifications- for a successful career. The Pathway Year is designed to enable you to reach your full academic and social potential while in Sweden.
The programme is tailored for students with an IELTS at entry*: 5.0 (no section below 4.5) or equivalent (see requirements) who wish to improve their English language proficiency and become eligible for university studies in Sweden. Choose this pathway to support your career and future employability.
35 weeks (August start)
Learning is based on a combination of activities such as lecture-based input, seminars, study visits, projects and guidance. Dedicated teachers, small student groups and a supportive learning environment with continuous feedback will provide you with an excellent framework to succeed in your studies. In addition to the formal courses you are expected to engage in self-studies for 20 hours per week.
- Course syllabus (coming shortly)
To learn more about our requirements click here.
Read more about programme fees here.
Completing the programme
Upon completion of the programme you will have recieved:
- the English language preparation in reading, writing, listening and speaking necessary for enrollment in degree programmes at Jönköping University
- acclimatization to Swedish culture making it easier to live and study in Sweden
- basic knowledge in the Swedish Language
- support in adjusting to the demands, challenges and expectations of Swedish higher education
- direct entry to a degree programme at Jönköping University
In addition at the end of the pathway programme, you will receive a certificate of completion demonstrating skills equivalent to the Swedish high school course English 6. This is the most common English language level required for entering higher education in Sweden. You can read more about corresponding levels in other countries here (external page)
Content updated 2020-09-22