Welcome to the Strategic Entrepreneurship program at Jönköping International Business School, where your entrepreneurial journey begins. This program is an exciting pathway to earning a Master of Science degree (120 credits) with a major in Business Administration. Designed for aspirants ready to make their mark in the world, this program is not just an education; it's a launchpad for future change-makers.
What we offer
- Hands-On Experience: Apply what you learn in the real world. You will create a for-profit or non-profit venture and the time and support to develop it throughout the program. You will also gain work-life experience through company projects and internships.
- Interactive and Tailored Learning: Engage in diverse learning methods, including workshops, group projects, and research, ensuring a holistic educational experience. In addition, you benefit from a tailored learning experience through direct and small-group coaching.
- Academic Excellence: Fortify your entrepreneurial endeavors with the latest research. JIBS is renowned for its contributions to entrepreneurship studies. Our courses are crafted around these insights, enhancing your ability to engage in scholarly inquiry and lifelong learning.
- Driving Impact: Amplify your impact-driven ambitions. Our curriculum encourages the creation and growth of organizations across a broad spectrum of missions, aiming to make a significant, positive imprint on society and the environment.
- Personal Growth: Craft a unique entrepreneurial identity that aligns with your values and aspirations. We embedded ongoing reflexivity in the curriculum to assist you with finding purpose and motivation.
- Access to Sweden’s Entrepreneurship Ecosystem: Spend your education in one of the best startup countries in the world and gain access to the local entrepreneurial ecosystem through our close collaboration with Science Park Jönköping. The region is known in Sweden for its “entrepreneurial spirit” and high density of small and medium-sized companies, offering ample opportunities for internships.
- International Environment: Join a vibrant community of students from around the globe, enriching your learning with diverse perspectives. All courses are conducted in English and the programme is open to students from all over the world.
- Expert Faculty: Learn from world-class educators and industry veterans who bring state-of-the-art scientific knowledge and real-world experience.
During the second year, you can intern or spend a semester abroad at one of JIBS' recommended partner schools.
An internship is the perfect choice if you like to gain more industry experience at an existing corporation or venture. You can even choose to intern in your own venture and focus your energy on its development while complementing the experience with a wide range of elective courses at JU.
A semester abroad is perfect for those who want to check off another country on their world map. Our partner universities offer the same high level of education as JIBS and dramatically expand the range of topics you can study. Have you always dreamed of taking a course in computer coding or intercultural studies? Whatever interests you, it is likely that one of our partner universities will offer it. In addition, you gain further cultural experiences and can even learn a new language.
The program prepares you for many paths after graduation, and our alumni typically end up becoming entrepreneurs, key employees in early start-ups, business developers, innovation consultants or project managers.
The program also prepares you for a Ph.D. education in entrepreneurship and related topic areas.
Facts and requirements
Read more about our Admissions Requirements.
Total tuition fee: 240000 SEK
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students
If you don't fulfil our language requirements, you can enter our Pathway Programme, designed to strengthen your English and academic skills. Read more.
Entrepreneurship in Context 7.5 credits
Entrepreneuring 15 credits
Advanced Research Methods in Entrepreneurship 7.5 credits
Accounting and Finance for Entrepreneurs 5 credits
Applied International Marketing 7.5 credits
Corporate Entrepreneurship for Sustainable Growth 7.5 credits
Entrepreneurial Project 1 5 credits
Family Entrepreneurship 5 credits
Studying Abroad/Elective courses/Internship+Elective courses 30 credits
Master's Thesis in Business Administration 30 credits