Pathway Semester English Autumn 2021
Language skills and social competence are the two key factors - in addition to formal qualifications - for a successful career. The Pathway semester is designed to enable you to reach your full academic and social potential while in Sweden.
The programme is tailored for students with an IELTS score of at least 5.5 or equivalent (see requirements) who wish to improve their English proficiency and learn how to communicate in an academic environment. The course is also an introduction to Swedish society and culture as well as the Swedish language.
Learning is based on a combination of activities such as lecture-based input, seminars, study visits, projects and guidance. Dedicated teachers, small student groups and a supportive learning environment with continuous feedback will provide you with an excellent framework to succeed in your studies. In addition to the formal courses you are expected to engage in self-studies for 20 hours per week.
To learn more about our requirements click here.
Read more about programme fees here.
Completing the programme
Upon completion of the programme you will have received:
- the English language preparation in reading, writing, listening and speaking necessary for enrollment in degree programmes at Jönköping University
- acclimatisation to Swedish culture making it easier to live and study in Sweden
- basic knowledge in the Swedish Language
- support in adjusting to the demands, challenges and expectations of Swedish higher education
- direct entry to a degree programme at Jönköping University
In addition, at the end of the Pathway Programme, you will receive a certificate of completion demonstrating skills equivalent to the Swedish high school course English 6. This is the most common English language level required for entering higher education in Sweden. You can read more about corresponding levels in other countries here (external page)