Pathway Semester is designed to prepare students for English-language bachelor or master programmes. It develops language proficiency, prioritizing communication in speech and writing, presentation skills and academic writing. Students get acquainted with the culture, history, and functions of Scandinavian society.
This academic program will develop your confidence and critical thinking, equipping you to express yourself and achieve your goals.
Pathway Semester has a higher English level entry requirement (IELTS score of at least 5.5 or equivalent). It is ideal for students who want to develop their English language competencies and communicate in an academic environment. The focus of this program is to improve English proficiency, learn the Swedish language, familiarize with Swedish culture, and develop study skills.
After the programme
Upon completion of the programme you will have received:
- direct entry to a degree programme at Jönköping University
- the English language preparation in reading, writing, listening and speaking necessary for enrollment in degree programmes at Jönköping University
- acclimatisation to Swedish culture making it easier to live and study in Sweden
- support in adjusting to the demands, challenges and expectations of Swedish higher education
- basic knowledge in the Swedish Language
In addition, at the end of the Pathway Programme, you will receive a certificate of completion demonstrating skills equivalent to the Swedish high school course English 6. This is the most common English language level required for entering higher education in Sweden. You can read more about corresponding levels in other countries here.