Basic teaching courses
Educate has simplified access to pedagogical foundation courses through a clear division and smaller scope.
In order to make skills development in higher education pedagogy more accessible, Educate has chosen to arrange the courses in a way that each course has fewer credits and takes less time than previous options at JU. A number of smaller courses now make up 7.5 credits of pedagogical foundation for teaching and learning in higher education, which can also be supplemented with specialisation courses. We have chosen to name the foundation courses Academic Teaching and Learning 1-5 (ATL 1-5). The foundation courses are equivalent to approximately 10% of working time during the study period if you work full-time - a change we hope will appeal to both teachers and managers.
The qualifying course "Teaching and Learning in Higher Education", which previously comprised 7.5 credits, has been divided into five parts, each with a different focus. They are offered once a year: the first two during spring, and the last three during autumn.
- Conditions and Pedagogical Perspectives – Academic Teaching and Learning 1, 1.5 hp
- Student Active Learning – Academic Teaching and Learning 2, 1.5 hp
- Broadened Participation – Academic Teaching and Learning 3, 1.5 hp
- Online Education – Academic Teaching and Learning 4, 1.5 hp
- Examination and Assessment – Academic Teaching and Learning 5, 1.5 hp
Similarly, the qualifying course "Supervision Postgraduate Studies (7.5 credits)" has been divided into two parts. The first is offered in spring and the second in autumn.