Given the many faculty members working as part of CeFEO and the heterogeneity of their research interests, it is no surprise that different research projects, leading to several top-tier publications, have been developed over time.
Below you can find links to scientific publications authored by CeFEO members since 2005, year of incorporation of CeFEO. These reflect the breadth of the research at CeFEO while offering important scientific results in the areas of family business and/or ownership.
In bold are indicated CeFEO members.
- Balachandran, C., Wennberg, K., Uman, T. (2019). National culture diversity in new venture boards: The role of founders' relational demography. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal 13(3), 410-434.
- Bauweraerts, J., Sciascia, S., Mazzola, P., Naldi, L. (2019). Family CEO and board service: Turning the tide for export scope in family SMEs. International Business Review 28(5).
- Baù, M., Chirico, F., Pittino, D., Backman, M., Klaesson, J. (2019). Roots to grow: Family firms and local embeddedness in rural and urban contexts. Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice 43(2), 360-385.
- Brunninge, O., Hartmann, B. (2019). Inventing a past: Corporate heritage as dialectical relationships of past and present. Marketing Theory 19(2), 229-234
- Dąbrowska, J., Lopez-Vega, H., Ritala, P. (2019). Waking the sleeping beauty: Swarovski’s open innovation journey. R&D Management 49(5), 775-788.
- Evansluong, Q., Ramirez-Pasillas, M. (2019). The role of family social capital in immigrants’ entrepreneurial opportunity creation processes. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business 36(1-2), 164-188.
- Evansluong, Q., Ramirez-Pasillas, M., Nguyen Bergström, H. (2019). From breaking-ice to breaking-out: Integration as an opportunity creation process. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour & Research25(5), 880-899.
- Iyer, D., Baù, M., Chirico, F., Patel, P., Brush, T. (2019). The triggers of local and distant search: Relative magnitude and persistence in explaining acquisition relatedness. Long Range Planning 52(5).
- Markowska, M., Grichnik, D., Brinckmann, J., Kapsa, D. (2019). Strategic orientations of nascent entrepreneurs: antecedents of prediction and risk orientation. Small Business Economics 53(4), 859-878.
- Patel, P. C., Criaco, G., & Naldi, L. (2018). Geographic diversification and the survival of born-globals. Journal of Management, 44(5), 2008-2036.
- Salvato, C., Chirico, F., Melin, L., Seidl, D. (2019). Coupling family business research with organization studies: Interpretations, issues, and insights. Organization Studies 40(6), 775-791.
- Sanchez-Famoso, V., Pittino, D., Chirico, F., Maseda, A., Iturralde, T. (2019). Social capital and innovation in family firms: The moderating roles of family control and generational involvement. Scandinavian Journal of Management 35(3).
- Wielsma, A., Brunninge, O. (2019). “Who am I? Who are we?”: Understanding the impact of family business identity on the development of individual and family identity in business families. Journal of Family Business Strategy 10(1), 38-48.
- Bjuggren, P., Nordström, L., Palmberg, J. (2018). Are female leaders more efficient in family firms than in non-family firms?. Corporate Governance. 18(2), 185-205
- Chirico, F., Salvato, C., Byrne, B., Akhter, N., & Arriaga Múzquiz, J. (2018). Commitment escalation to a failing family business. Journal of Small Business Management, 56(3), 494-512.
- Fitz-Koch, S., Nordqvist, M., Carter, S., & Hunter, E. (2018). Entrepreneurship in the agricultural sector: A literature review and future research opportunities. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 42(1), 129-166.
- Patel, P., Criaco, G., Naldi, L. (2018). Geographic diversification and the survival of born-globals. Journal of Management 44(5), 2008-2036
- Pittino, D., Visintin, F., & Lauto, G. (2018). Fly away from the nest? A configurational analysis of family embeddedness and individual attributes in the entrepreneurial entry decision by next-generation members. Family Business Review, 31(3), 271-294.
- Pittino, D., Martínez, A. B., Chirico, F., & Galván, R. S. (2018). Psychological ownership, knowledge sharing and entrepreneurial orientation in family firms: The moderating role of governance heterogeneity. Journal of Business Research, 84, 312-326.
- Waldkirch, M., Nordqvist, M., & Melin, L. (2018). CEO turnover in family firms: How social exchange relationships influence whether a non-family CEO stays or leaves. Human Resource Management Review, 28(1), 56-67.
- Achtenhagen, L., Brunninge, O., Melin, L. (2017). Patterns of dynamic growth in medium-sized companies: beyond the dichotomy of organic versus acquired growth. Long range planning, 50(4), 457-471.
- Baù, M., Sieger, P., Eddleston, K., Chirico, F. (2017). Fail but try again? The effects of age, gender, and multiple-owner experience on failed entrepreneurs’ reentry. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 41(6), 909-941.
- Boers, B., Ljungkvist, T., Brining, O., Nordqvist, M. (2017). Going private: A socioemotional wealth perspective on why family controlled companies decide to leave the stock-exchange. Journal of Family Business Strategy, 8(2), 74-86.
- Criaco, G., Sieger, P., Wennberg, K., Chirico, F., Minola, T. (2017). Parents' performance in entrepreneurship as a "double-edged sword" for the intergenerational transmission of entrepreneurship. Small Business Economics, 49(4), 841-864
- Fitz-Koch, S., Nordqvist, M. (2017). The Reciprocal Relationship of Innovation Capabilities and Socioemotional Wealth in a Family Firm. Journal of small business management, 55(4), 547-570
- Hoskisson, R., Chirico, F., Zyung, J., Gambeta, E. (2017). Managerial risk taking: A multi-theoretical review and future research agenda. Journal of Management, 43(1), 137-169.
- Visintin, F., Pittino, D., Minichilli, A. (2017). Financial performance and non‐family CEO turnover in private family firms under different conditions of ownership and governance. Corporate governance: An International Review, 25(5), 312-337
- Akhter, N., Sieger, P., Chirico, F. (2016). If we can't have it, then no one should: Shutting down versus selling in family business portfolios. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, 10(4), 371-394.
- Blombäck, A., Brunninge, O. (2016). Identifying the Role of Heritage Communication: A Stakeholder-Function Framework. International Studies of Management and Organization, 46(4), 256-268.
- Brunninge, O., Melander, A. (2016). The dynamics of path dependence on the individual, organizational and the field levels: MoDo, the Kempe family and the Swedish pulp and paper industry 1873–1990. Management & Organizational History, 11(2), 189-210.
- Carnes, C., Chirico, F., Hitt, M., Huh, D., Pisano, V. (2016). Resource Orchestration for Innovation: Structuring and Bundling Resources in Growth- and Maturity-Stage Firms. Long Range Planning, 50(4), 472-486.
- Chirico, F., Salvato, C. (2016). Knowledge internalization and product development in family firms: When relational and affective factors matter. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 40(1), 201-229.
- De Massis, A., Kotlar, J., Frattini, F., Chrisman, J., Nordqvist, M. (2016). Family governance at work: Organizing for new product development in family SMEs. Family Business Review, 29(2), 189-213.
- Fletcher, D., Massis, A., Nordqvist, M. (2016). Qualitative research practices and family business scholarship: A review and future research agenda. Journal of Family Business Strategy, 7(1), 8-25.
- Haag, K., Sund, L. (2016). Divorce in the family business: unfolding the legal problems by learning from practice. Journal of Family Business Management, 6(1), 81-96.
- Minola, T., Criaco, G., Obschonka, M. (2016). Age, culture, and self-employment motivation. Small Business Economics, 46(2), 187-213.
- Nordqvist, M. (2016). Socio-symbolic ownership: extending the socio-emotional wealth perspective. Management Research, 14(3), 244-257.
- Pittino, D., Visintin, F., Lenger, T., Sternad, D. (2016). Are high performance work practices really necessary in family SMEs?: An analysis of the impact on employee retention. Journal of Family Business Strategy, 7(2), 75-89.
- Botero, I., Cruz, C., De Massis, A., Nordqvist, M. (2015). Family business research in the European context. European Journal of International Management 9(2), 139-159.
- Dawson, A., Sharma, P., Irving, P., Markus, J., Chirico, F. (2015). Predictors of later-generation family members' commitment to family enterprises. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 39(3), 545-569.
- Naldi, L., Achtenhagen, L., Davidsson, P. (2015). International Corporate Entrepreneurship among SMEs: A test of Stevenson’s notion of Entrepreneurial Management. Journal of Small Business Management 53(3), 780-800.
- Naldi, L., Chirico, F., Kellermanns, F., Campopiano, G. (2015). All in the family? An exploratory study of family member advisors and firm performance. Family Business Review 28(3), 227-242.
- Naldi, L., Nilsson, P., Westlund, H., Wixe, S. (2015). What is smart rural development?. Journal of Rural Studies.
- Nordqvist, M., Aygören, H. (2015). Gender, ethnicity and identity work in the family business. European Journal of International Management 9(2), 160-178.
- Sanchez-Famoso, V., Akhter, N., Iturralde, T., Chirico, F., Maseda, A. (2015). Is non-family social capital also (or especially) important for family firm performance?. Human Relations 68(11), 1713-1743.
- Sciascia, S., Nordqvist, M., Mazzola, P., De Massis, A. (2015). Family ownership and R&D intensity in small- and medium-sized firms. The Journal of product innovation management 32(3), 349-360.
- Sund, L., Andersson, J., Haag, K. (2015). Share transfer restrictions and family business: The minority shareholder perspective. European Business Law Review 26(3), 437-450.
- Sund, L., Melin, L., Haag, K. (2015). Intergenerational ownership succession: Shifting the focus from outcome measurements to preparatory requirements. The Journal of Family Business Strategy 6(3), 166-177.