Guide for authors
General information about papers
All accepted contributions are expected to be provided as full paper in the proceedings (oral as well as poster presentations). The conference proceedings will be published in a special issue of IOP Conference series: Materials Science and Engineering. The proceedings will published both in printed form (available at the conference) and open access online. Note that only full-paper submissions will be published in the proceedings, not contributions that are abstract only.
All authors must prepare their papers "ready-for-print" (see instructions below) and submit their papers in good time before the submission deadlines specified here.
By submitting a full paper, you agree to the IOP Proceedings License terms and conditions as stated at the IOP webpage on this link External link, opens in new window..
Instructions for formatting
Word template and formatting instructions are available from IOP on the following link.
The corresponding author is responsible for ensuring that the paper is submitted ready-for-print, and fully adheres to the general instructions for formatting and referencing on the IOP webpage above as well as these specific instructions:
- All papers should be prepared and submitted in Word format (do not use the LaTeX template) for review, together with a PDF version for print.
- The maximum number of pages is 8 (including references etc.).
- Please format the paper so that the number of colour print pages is kept low, i.e. try to gather colour pictures on as few pages as possible.
Upload your paper by updating your submission in Easychair:
Checklist for submission
- Ensure that you follow all the instructions in the author guidelines.
- Paper size is European A4, portrait mode
- All author names and affiliations are included (full adress including country)
- The paper includes an abstract
- No page numbers are used within the paper
- The paper has maximum 8 pages
- The PDF is free from PDF-conversion errors such as formatting errors, corrupt equations or low resolution/missing images.
- All text is single-spaced
- Images have sufficient resolution (stated in the IOP guidelines)
- The PDF file is not password protected
- Ensure all references adheres to the formatting described in the IOP guidelines
- Figures are placed within the text
- Colour figures are placed to minimize the number of colour print pages
- Spell check and proof reading has been performed