When your employment at Jönköping University terminates, alternatively when you choose to move from Sweden, there are certain matters to tend to.

If you are moving from Sweden, it is important to contact your bank and close any bank accounts that you may have opened during your stay.

You must notify the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) regarding civil de-registration no later than a week before you move from Sweden, by using the form "Moving Abroad (SKV7665)". You can find further information here External link, opens in new window..

It is important that the National Government Employee Pensions Board External link, opens in new window. (Statens Tjänstepensionsverk, SPV) has correct details on your officially registered address, to be able to pay out your occupational pension. It is on you to ensure that SPV has the correct address. Also, it is your responsibility to apply for pension when you are getting close to the age of 65. More information can be found on the website of the Swedish Pensions Agency (Pensionsmyndigheten); Your pension if you live outside Sweden External link, opens in new window.

If you have rental housing, you must give notice in good time. Information on your notice period is stated in the lease. Furthermore, remember to close utilities, cancel insurances etc.