Organizing for Profit and Purpose 7,5 hpUndervisningen bedrivs på engelska.
KursinnehållThis course presents a spectrum of theories, concepts and models in the fields of business administration that broaden students’ understanding of organizational purpose. The course looks at purpose, motivation and stakeholder engagement from beyond a profit-driven view and includes social, ecological and economical perspectives on what drives human organizing activity. The course provides frameworks to initiate, coordinate and manage organizing processes aiming to develop business models, partnerships, and/or joint ventures to eliminate poverty, inequalities and/or ecological deterioration.
The content reflects the variety of purposes that motivate people in the organizing of socially, ecologically and economically sustainable enterprises including:
- organizing as an outcome of institutional logics for sustainability such as a purpose-driven logic, a business-driven logic (including a share-holder driven logic, a profit-driven logic) and a hybrid-driven logic,
- organizing as an outcome of a sensemaking process for sustainability,
- organizing as modelling sustainable businesses,NGOs and public-sector organizations,
- organizing by means of building collaborations, networks and partnerships, and
- organizing for different markets – including the bottom of the pyramid and the lifestyle of health and sustainability.
- problems and limitations of purely profit-driven purpose
- problems and limitations of social and ecological approaches to organizational purpose
Förkunskapskrav30 credits in Business Administration or equivalent.
Kursen ges vid: Jönköping International Business School
Tidigare och pågående kurstillfällen
Kurstillfället är inställt
Typ av KursProgramkurs
TerminHösten 2020: vecka 34 - vecka 43
Gäller enbart studenter utanför EU/EES/Schweiz: Studieavgift12500kr
Senast ändrad 2020-06-02 14:10:43