Corporate Entrepreneurship and Strategic Renewal 7,5 hpUndervisningen bedrivs på engelska.
- Sustained and increased competitiveness
- Conceptual and practical meaning of corporate entrepreneurship and strategic renewal.
- Theoretical perspectives, emphasizing the capabilities for corporate entrepreneurship.
KursinnehållSustained competitiveness often requires entrepreneurial initiatives in growing, mature or declining organizations with the purpose of changing the strategic orientation to reach competitive advantages. The course will deal with both the conceptual and practical meaning of corporate entrepreneurship and strategic renewal in both small and large firms. Several theoretical perspectives will be introduced, emphasizing both the capabilities for corporate entrepreneurship and the constraints working against strategic renewal.
Connection to Research and Practice
The course ties directly into JIBS focus areas of entrepreneurship and renewal. To ensure theoretical relevance, the main textbook is research-based with the majority of the bibliographical references related to scholarly articles. A supplementing reading list is also provided, with a majority being scholarly articles. The goal is to introduce a core set of theoretical models that can be used for understanding and developing actionable solutions in existing organizations. To keep abreast with current development, active researchers within the overlapping fields of entrepreneurship and renewal are invited for guest lectures.
Theory is applied in a number of practical situations.
• Student lectures - challenging the student to illustrate and an explain theoretical models by using contrasting practical examples
• Case seminars – solving contextualized real-world problem by applying a focused set of theoretical models
• Course project - analyzing a live case for the purpose of proposing useful and actionable courses of actions for corporate entrepreneurship and/or strategic renewal.
FörkunskapskravBachelor's degree in Business Administraiton (i.e. the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits at an accredited university).
Läs mer om urvalsregler
Utbildningsnivå: Avancerad nivå
Kursen ges vid: Jönköping International Business School
Tidigare och pågående kurstillfällen
Typ av KursProgramkurs
TerminVåren 2021: vecka 03 - vecka 12
Gäller enbart studenter utanför EU/EES/Schweiz: Studieavgift15000kr
Senast ändrad 2021-01-28 17:43:01