Sustainable Venture Development Across Borders 7,5 hpUndervisningen bedrivs på engelska.
KursinnehållTheoretical concepts and implications of sustainable venture development across borders. New sustainable venture development addresses unfulfilled social and/or environmental needs in a foreign location that can be met with resources in the home country. Sustainable ventures aim to improve the well-being of populations in disadvantaged situations by including them in the supply chain and empowering them to generate create societal change. The course gives particular emphasis to entrepreneurial action, including opportunity development, strategic collaborations, social and/or frugal social innovations and resource development during start-up and early growth, including critical decisions and experiences of sustainable entrepreneurs. The content reflects the various aspects relevant in sustainable venture development including:
- challenges of social and environmental sustainability across borders including exclusion, lack of services, diseases, environmental degradation, poverty, system thinking, circular economy,
- key concepts and models for sustainable ventures,
- social and frugal innovations;
- shared value strategy and bottom of the pyramid strategy,
- sustainable business model innovation and prototyping,
- considering ethical aspects of the sustainable venture,
- collecting, expressing and analyzing material for building the sustainable venture across borders,
- presenting the results, and
- relating frameworks to their sustainable venture.
The course sustainable venture development across borders is an elective course that contextualizes the venture development process to a sustainable venture in a foreign country setting; it does so by building on entrepreneurship literature, particularly design thinking approach as well as sustainable development and sustainable business literatures. The course is closely related to JIBS core research focus on entrepreneurship and is delivered by JIBS faculty whom are at the research frontier of entrepreneurship with interests in sustainability. The students taking the course gain understanding of importance of identifying root causes of the social and environmental problems and learn to use design thinking tools when developing solutions to the identified problems. Practical relevance of this course lies in the acquisition of problematization and prototyping skills.
Förkunskapskrav60 credits in Business Administration (or the equivalent) including the course Entrepreneurship and Business Planning (or the equivalent).
Kursen ges vid: Jönköping International Business School
Tidigare och pågående kurstillfällen
Kurstillfället är inställt
Typ av KursProgramkurs
TerminVåren 2021: vecka 13 - vecka 22
Gäller enbart studenter utanför EU/EES/Schweiz: Studieavgift12500kr
Senast ändrad 2020-11-30 07:21:15