Documentation, Assessment and Leadership in Swedish Preschool Provision 10 Credits
Course Contents• Nordic and Anglo-American perspectives on assessment and evaluation in early childhood education
• Critical examination of the concept of quality in early childhood education
• The Swedish system for assessment, evaluation and systematic quality work in preschool
• Formative and summative assessment
• Perspectives and models for documentation and assessment in preschool
• Pedagogical documentation
• Roles and strategies of preschool teachers and leaders in assessment, evaluation, and documentation
PrerequisitesGeneral entry requirements and a bachelor's degree (i.e. the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits at an accredited university) within behavioral science, social work, educational sciences, or related field, including independent, theoretical-based work, i.e. a thesis or equivalent. Student must also have completed or submitted for evaluation all of the course work for the course History and Policy of Swedish Preschool Provision, 10 credits.
English proficiency is required. Exemption is granted from requirement in Swedish.
Level of Education: Master
Course code/Ladok code: LDAS29
The course is conducted at: School of Education and Communication