Safety and Security for Software Products 7,5 hpUndervisningen bedrivs på engelska.
KursinnehållThe course explores software functionality in terms of the impact and differences between safety and security as they pertain to software-based products and their dependency on hardware and information content. The course illustrates analytical and design considerations of how to deliver software that is safe to use and secure against intrusions and attacks. Nowadays, machine learning, artificial intelligence and data science are bringing new challenges and opportunities to the safety and security domains from an ethical point of view. In relation to this, the course will present research that focus on these challenges and opportunities.
The course includes the following topics:
- Safety and security failures of software systems
- The role of safety and security standards
- Safety versus security, and cross-cutting issues
- Assessing safety and security (including risk management and hazard analysis)
- Software dependability engineering (including availability, reliability, redundancy and fault tolerance)
- Safety and security software assurance
- Recent research within the safety and security domains in relation to the introduction of machine learning, artificial intelligence, and data science
FörkunskapskravThe applicant must hold the minimum of a bachelor’s degree (i.e the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits at an accredited university) with at least 90 credits in computer engineering, electrical engineering (with relevant courses in computer engineering), or equivalent. The bachelor’s degree should comprise a minimum of 15 credits in mathematics. Proof of English proficiency is required.
Utbildningsnivå: Avancerad nivå
Kursen ges vid: Tekniska Högskolan
Tidigare och pågående kurstillfällen
Typ av KursProgramkurs
TerminHösten 2020: vecka 34 - vecka 42
Gäller enbart studenter utanför EU/EES/Schweiz: Studieavgift17498kr