Introduction to Medical Sciences - Bridging Course 15 hpUndervisningen bedrivs på engelska.
This course will provide an introduction to medical sciences for students with a background in engineering. It will provide foundational knowledge in anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, functional impairment, professional interaction and ethics, and classifications of health and wellbeing.
Kursinnehåll- medical terminology
- a biopsychosocial perspective of disability
- musculoskeletal, nervous, circulatory, integumentary system
- orthopaedic impairments
- neurological impairments
- biomechanics of normal and pathological movement
- patients professional interaction and ethics
- common disease processes that lead to functional impairment
- the human life cycle
- classifications of health and health interventions and diagnosis
- consequences of assistive technology provision on health and wellbeing
FörkunskapskravThe applicant must hold the minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent (i.e. the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits at an accredited university) in mechanical engineering. Proof of English proficiency is required.
Läs mer om urvalsregler
Utbildningsnivå: Avancerad nivå A1N
Kursen ges vid: Hälsohögskolan
Senast ändrad 2023-01-25 11:25:39