International Trade Theory 7,5 hpUndervisningen bedrivs på engelska.
This course discusses the gains from trade and examines how trade patterns are determined. During the course you will study the impacts of various trade policies, the effect of growth, and how trade theory may be applied to real-world issues. You will also learn to analyse what effects trade policies have on the welfare of different groups in society.
KursinnehållThe aim of the course is to provide the student with basic knowledge and skills in international trade theory. The course helps the student understand the theoretical basis for the following issues: the gains from trade, how patterns of trade are determined, the effect of growth on trade, and the impact of various trade policies. The course also helps the student consider how trade theory may be applied to various real-world issues.
Important elements of the course include the following:
- Comparative advantage and the Ricardian Model,
- Income distribution and the Specific Factors Model,
- The resource endowment basis for trade patterns and the Heckscher-Ohlin Model,
- Terms of trade and its determinants,
- The effect of growth on trade,
- The inclusion of economies of scale and imperfect competition in international trade theory,
- The impact on trade of various international institutions and agreements on trade, such as the EU, NAFTA, GATT, and WTO.
FörkunskapskravGeneral entry requirements and 15 credits in Business Administration or Economics including Microeconomics.
Läs mer om urvalsregler
Kursen ges vid: Jönköping International Business School
Senast ändrad 2019-09-02 10:16:06