Chemical Thermodynamics 7,5 hpUndervisningen bedrivs på engelska.
KursinnehållThe course includes:
- Basic theoretical knowledge in chemical thermodynamics, application of chemical thermodynamics and interfacial physical chemistry.
- Calculation of thermodynamic equilibrium (Gibbs energy, van't Hoff isotherm, Ellingham diagram)
- Calculation of activity and activity coefficient (Wagner's equation, Henrian and Raoultian standards, thermodynamic treatment of the solutions)
- Thermodynamic treatments of the surface/interface (Gibbs dividing surface, Guggenheim model, Nucleation) and interfacial phenomena in the high-temperature system.
- Thermodynamic treatments of the phase and phase diagram (Gibbs energy change, phase rule, etc.).
- Calculations using a thermodynamic calculation software and a multiphysics simulation software (Lab activities).
- Thermodynamics and sustainability (CO2 emission).
The course contains the following elements:
- Lectures on the advanced thermodynamics, i.e. chemical thermodynamics and thermodynamics of interface, and its application (some examples in the actual processes).
- Exercises on the chemical thermodynamic calculation.
- Laboratory sessions on chemical thermodynamics.
FörkunskapskravPassed courses at least 90 credits within the major subject Mechanical Engineering, 15 credits Mathematics, and completed course in Materials and Manufacturing, 7,5 credits, proof of English proficiency is required (or the equivalent).
Utbildningsnivå: Avancerad nivå A1N
Kursen ges vid: Tekniska Högskolan
Senast ändrad 2021-06-16 10:51:19