Content updated 2022-04-07

Student Visa/Residence Permit

Students from countries whose citizens require a visa/residence permit are advised to contact the Swedish embassy and/or consulate to start their application for a student visa. You should start the procedure as soon as possible.

Please be aware that the application for a residence permit/visa can take 2 months or more. To be eligible for a residence permit/visa, you must be admitted to full-time studies for the period that you are here. Full-time study for one semester is equivalent to 30 ECTS credits. Please contact the Swedish embassy or consulate in your home country for more information. Students are recommended to apply online. More information can be found at the Swedish Migration Agency website.

Contact us via the links below with your questions or to book a meeting

Online Drop-In

Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
12:00 - 13:00 Online

***DROP-IN closed for the summer between 22 June and 14 August***

Available all summer via the case system, but service is limited.

Send us a case

Outgoing Students: Choose "Outgoing Exchange"

Incoming Students: Choose "Incoming Exchange"

Cookie settings