Here is some useful information and links to help you prepare for your semester abroad.
Good to know from A-Z
Here you will find lots of helpful and practical information. External link, opens in new window. Some of this information is only relevant for students studying a complete program at JU. If you are unsure, feel free to contact us.
The following example of a feasible monthly budget will give you some idea of the costs of living in Sweden.
Accommodation: 3,000-6,500 SEK depending on location
Food: 2,000 SEK
Phone: 300 SEK
Monthly bus tickets: 480 SEK
Laundry and hygiene: 250 SEK
Clothing, hobbies, leisure: 750 SEK
- Student Guide for International Students
- Sports at JU External link, opens in new window.
- Information about the Student Union
- As of 31 March 2022, there are no covid-19 specific entry restrictions in effect when traveling to Sweden. Stay updated on the situation by following the recommendations by the Public Health Agency of Sweden on how to protect yourself and others.
- Interactive map External link, opens in new window.
- How to travel to Jönköping
- Information about Jönköping
- Information about Sweden
- Study in Sweden External link, opens in new window.
Contact us via the links below or visit us during the drop in online or at Service Center
Drop-in is closed over the summer period between 16 June and 13 August.
We will still be available to via the case system all summer, though as we are not fully staffed, it may take longer than usual to get a reply.
At Service Center: Wednesdays, 11:30 - 12:30
Online: Mondays and Thursdays, 11.30-12.30
Send us a case
Outgoing Students: Choose "Outgoing Exchange"
Incoming Students: Choose "Incoming Exchange"