Sidan uppdaterad 2019-03-13


Health & liability insurance

Students are responsible to cover their own insurance and should do so prior to departure from Sweden. Make sure that you have adequate health and liability insurance while you are studying abroad as you will have no insurance through Jönköping University. Verify the conditions of your insurance and the amount that it covers.

If you are a European citizen and travel within Europe you are generally partly covered for health care within the EES agreement.

Some host universities may require you to purchase their own campus insurance. Make sure to verify the conditions of the insurance since it may not cover medical repatriation, which you may have to purchase separately.

If you are an international student going on exchange you may have to purchase an insurance in your home country.