Important when changing computer
- Make sure that all important files are saved in the home directory on G: (or in OneDrive, Office 365 Groups or Common L:).
All files on the local hard drive (C:) will follow the old computer and will be deleted. Also files on the desktop need to be moved.
- If using some tool for synchronisation, make sure that the synchronisation is done recently.
- Save your Endnote library External link, opens in new window.
- Save your favourites/bookmarks in Internet Explorer
Export and import favourites/bookmarks (text) Pdf, 382 kB.
- Save your favourites/bookmarks in Mozilla Firefox
Export and import favourites/bookmarks (text) Pdf, 176.1 kB.
- Save your favourites/bookmarks in Google Chrome
Export and import favourites/bookmarks (text) Pdf, 148.8 kB.
- Clean your computer with appropriate products
- For laptops: Before you can use the laptop wirelessly or outside campus, you must log in to the JU network while on campus once, with the computer in the docking station or connected with a network cable. Do not restart or undock the computer for 30 minutes. The first time you log in customized applications and policies will be downloaded.
- Some applications need to be downloaded from a server. In Windows 10, you find these in the Software Center on the desktop. Start the application and run the installation while the computer is connected with a network cable on campus. Note: It may take several hours after reinstallation of the computer until all applications are shown in Software Center.
- Note that Common JU Files and Personal JU Files (your home directory) are accessed via shortcuts on the desktop (for staff)
- Take good care of your JU computer - keep it clean, store and transport it correct and don't put stickers that cannot be removed on the lid.