The research seminars at the School of Education and Communication are open to all researchers, teachers and doctoral students at the university. No preregistration is required.
Upcoming seminars 2021
Final Seminar - Ana Carolina Almeida Souza
Friday 2021-11-12, 13:00-15:00 via Zoom.
The seminar is conducted in Portuguese.
- Internal reviewer: Yvana Carla Fachine de Brito, associate professor (docent), Federal University of Pernambuco, Brazil.
- Reviewer 1: Paola Sartoretto, associate professor (docent), Jönköping University.
- reviewer 2: Eduardo Antonio de Jesus, professor, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil.
Experiências Transmídia no Parque Temático Magic Kingdom: Branding, Espaço e (In)sustentabilidade na Disney.
In English: Transmedia Experiences at Magic Kingdom Theme Park: Branding, Space, and (In)sustainability at Disney.
Short description: The doctoral dissertation seeks to understand how the transmedia experience in theme parks is shaped by the conceptual triangulations between branding, space, and sustainability.
For further information contact Renira.Gambarato@ju.se
About the seminars
The overall theme of the seminars is “Education and communication”, but the seminars deal with different subjects, theories and methods.
Some seminars are mandatory:
- Research plan seminars are held in the research environment to which the doctoral student belongs. On this occasion, the doctoral student gives a brief oral presentation of his or her research plan, whereafter another doctoral student (if there is one in the review group) and a researcher from the research environment discuss the content of the proposal, giving their opinions and providing guidance on how to proceed.
- During the process of writing the licentiate/doctoral thesis, the doctoral student must present the merits of the thesis at one or two public seminars, depending on the type of degree pursued: a mid-way seminar (doctoral degree) and a final seminar (licentiate and doctoral degrees). The public seminars are led by an external reviewer.