Purchasing Logistics with a Global Perspective, 10 credits
Complete course syllabus here External link, opens in new window.
The aim of this course is to give advanced knowledge of logistics in purchasing and supply chain management with a global perspective. The focus is on the purchasing functions importance for the company result. The course includes the following elements:
- Purchasing and strategic sourcing
- Supply chain management, Globalization and Incoterms
- Initiate supplier relations: define needs, specify and document
- Assess supplier portfolio, select suppliers
- Prepare negotiations with regard to TCO and cost break-down
- Legal aspects, contracts, delivery and payment terms and contract management
- Supplier relations, Systems for managing supplier relationships (SRM)
- Sustainability and Corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- Purchase orders, performance measurements (KPIs), and supplier evaluation
- Supplier development process
- Terminate supplier relations
- 60 credits first cycle courses in industrial engineering, business administration, computer information systems or equivalent
- Fluency in English equivalent to at least 575 (paper based test) or 90 (internet based test) TOEFL score (or equivalent External link, opens in new window.)
During previous Summer School's, company visits to IKEA External link, opens in new window. and Husqvarna AB External link, opens in new window. ,well renowned Swedish international companies, have taken place. The company visit for this summer will be confirmed upon the start of the course.
Social and Cultural Content
The social and cultural activities package includes a trip to one of Sweden’s best-preserved castles from the 16th century in Vadstena, a trip to Gränna; a charming city where traditional Swedish peppermint candy canes are handmade, a visit to the ruins of Brahehus Castle, after-school activities, a Swedish Midsummer celebration and much more!