Content updated 2019-03-13


Here you will find frequently asked questions when applying for exchange studies and what the answer is. If your question is not answered here, please contact us through the button to the right.

What happens when I have selected my universities in MOA?

After the application deadline, International office will start to look into all applications. International Office will aslo transfer your credits/courses from Ladok and add study abroad points.

Where can I find information about courses at the different universities?

The latest updated information about the partner university's courses can be found on their websites. See the search tips under "Courses and Accreditation".

What happens if I do not get any of the universities I have chosen?

The team at the International office will contact you for further information.

How does the selection process work?

The selection is based on credits completed in Ladok, grade point average and study abroad points.

What happens if I decline the place I am offered?

If you decline an offered place you will continue your studies at JIBS.

I know of someone who has declined a place, can I take it instead?

No. In order to ensure that the exchange program works well and is fair for everyone applying for an study abroad experience, this situation is carefully managed by the team at the International Office within the working guidelines established.

Do I need to study in the local language of the university?

Most partner universities will offer courses in English but some will offer courses in the local language. You may need to demonstrate proficiency in English in order to be accepted at the university.

Can I study language courses during my exchange?

Some host universities arrange language courses at different levels for exchange students. Check the International Office webpage of the partner university for more information. You may like to consider taking a language course before the exchange. You can study language courses at an adult education association, university or higher education institution or take an intensive course in the country in which you are going to study.