Content updated 2019-03-13


Here you will find frequently asked questions when applying for exchange studies and what the answer is. If your question is not answered here, please contact us through the button to the right.

What happens when I have selected my universities in MOA?

Once you have selected your universities in MOA your application is complete. At this point you simply wait for the result of your application which may take between 2-3 weeks. The team at the International Office will contact you via your JU student email.

Where can I find information about courses at the different universities?

The latest updated information about the partner university's courses can be found on their websites. See the search tips under "Courses and Accreditation".

What happens if I do not get any of the universities I have chosen?

If this happens, contact International Office, main contact for outgoing students from School of Health and Welfare, for advice.

What happens if I decline the place I am offered?

In this situation you will simply continue your studies at Jönköping University as normal, but we wish that if you apply you have the intention to go on exchange.

I know of someone who has declined a place, can I take it instead?

No. In order to ensure that the exchange program works well and is fair for everyone applying for an study abroad experience, this situation is carefully managed by the team at the International Office. All exchange places are assigned according to the application process.

What happens if I change my mind?

It is not possible to change your university preference after your application has been received and your place appointed. In order to ensure that the exchange program works well and that the application process is fair, it is important that you are certain of your decision prior to the application closing date.

Do I need to study in the local language of the university?

Most partner universities will offer courses in English but some will offer courses in the local language. You may need to demonstrate proficiency in English in order to be accepted at the university.

Can I study language courses during my exchange?

Some host universities arrange language courses at different levels for exchange students. Check the MOA Portal for information about the partner university . You may like to consider taking a language course before the exchange. You can study language courses at an adult education association, university or higher education institution or take an intensive course in the country in which you are going to study.