Content updated 2019-03-13


Students may also apply (outside of the exchange programme) for studies at universities other than partner universities. These students are called free movers. Free-movers must do all the work themselves in arranging this type of study abroad such as applying, researching, finding courses for accreditation and finding accommodation. Freemovers must always be prepared to pay full tuition and any other costs at the host university.

Students may be considered free-movers only when going abroad during their programme at Jönköping University. If, for any reasons students go abroad on their own after their studies, Jönköping University will have no responsibility of accrediting these students.

Students who would like to study as a freemover abroad should always contact the program director or study councellor for further information, well in advance.