Content updated 2019-03-13


Here you will find frequently asked questions while being on exchange and what the answer is. If your question is not answered here, please contact us through the button to the right.

Do I have to do a presentation about JU while on exchange?

It is compulsory for all outbound exchange students to make a presentation at the partner university. It could be different marketing activities such as, a fair, presentation in a class room, or writing an article for a newsletter.

Upon arrival to the partner university, check on how this can be organized. And also remember, you are an ambassador for Jönköping University and School of Education and Communication, both at the university and on your leisure time.

Is it possible to change courses after getting them approved in MOA (IntApps)?

Yes, these must be approved by your course advisor.

What do I do if something happens to me? For instance an accident.

In case of an emergency be sure to contact the emergency services in the country in which you are studying. You can also contact

  • SOS International
  • Swedenabroad (in swedish)
  • In case of an emergency we would like you to contact the International Office so that we have an overview of the situation. This improves our chances of giving you the help you need.

You should also contact the international relations office at your exchange university. You can also contact them if you have psychological issues, accomodation issues or similar situations.

What happens when I get home if I have failed an exam or another part of a course abroad?

Re-examinations are very rare at many of our partner universities. If you fail a course you may have to take an extra course at Jönköping University to be able to obtain your degree.

Where should transcript of records be sent?

The transcript of records must first be sent to Jönköping University to be processed. If the transcripts are sent directly to you, then you should send a certified copy to as soon as possible.