Finding course information
The latest updated information about the partner university's courses can be found on their websites.
Here are some tips to help your search:
- Find the page for International Relations/International Office or the equivalent; they will often gather links for exchange students; also look for Exchange students or Erasmus students.
- Find information about the university's programmes. There you can sometimes find information about the courses. This is often found under the academic departments.
- Search for a specific faculty of the partner university; these are often found under “schools/campuses/faculties” or similar links.
- Courses can be named: “courses", "units", "modules”. At some partner universities, programmes may be called “courses”.
- If you are on an bachelor programme, you should search among courses at “undergraduate/bachelor” level. If you are a master student, look under the “graduate/postgraduate” level.
- Use the University's search function. Do a course code search and see if you can find a course description.
- Some universities have special handbooks where all courses can be found.
- You will often find semester dates if you search the “academic calendar” or “term dates”.
- Many universities have pages for International Students. You may find information here, but most of the information relates to international, tuition-fee paying, students which does not apply to exchange students.
Preparatory language courses
Many of the partner universities have courses in English. Some may have a limited offering of courses in English and others may only offer courses in the national language. There are opportunities to take a preparatory language course on different levels at some partner universities. If you have previously studied a language, you can then refresh your skills before the semester begins.
Some universities organize their own courses prior to studies. (For example, several of our partner universities in Germany and France.) In some cases, these courses may be chargeable.
You manage your course selections as exchange student in the IntApps database and you may see there what courses other students have previously studied at the respective universities, see links to the right.
Important information to international students
There are special rules for international students regarding tuition fees/course fees at the Jönköping University in connection with exchange studies.
Choice of courses
In order to find out which courses you should take during your exchange semester (level and dicipline), you can look in the curriculum for your programme. You need to search for the curriculum of your programme on the website. Be sure to find your programme with your starting year.
Pre-approval of choice of courses abroad
1. Pre-approval of your choice of courses abroad is recommended to be done before your departure. You can find the instructions on Intapps by clicking the category "course selection". This is done in order to make sure that you will be able to count the courses you take during your studies abroad towards your degree here at Jönköping International Business School.
Please make sure that you upload the courses with the correct name and course code. The accreditation process usually takes about two weeks. Please be aware that your course approval in Intapps by the accreditors is not to be mixed up with the formal course selection at the partner university that is made after the course approval.
2. Be prepared for course options that may change at the start of the semester at the partner university, for reasons such as scheduling conflicts, cancellations and the like. Update Intapps if changes occur, and get approval by the accreditor.
3. The completion of the accreditation (credit transfer) will only be done once you have returned from your studies abroad, all courses have been approved on Intapps, and a copy of your transcript of records (grades) from your host university has been sent to the International Office at Jönköping International Business School.
4. Please note that you are responsible to make sure that the processes of pre-approval and completion of credit transfer (accreditation) is completed.
Accreditors at Jönköping International Business School.
A list of the accreditors can be found in IntApps.