Product Development in Cross-discipline Teams - 1 6 credits
Course ContentsThe course focuses on development of a product in a real-life-like scenario. A product may include software, electronic and mechanical components. The results may be delivered in different forms, including product specifications, digital and paper-based prototypes, (software) code, and other artefacts. The scenario for the product may originate from an external company or organisation, from a need internal to the University, or from an original idea from the students. The product will be developed through an Agile lifecycle, with clearly defined intermediate deliverable points.
The course includes the following topics:
- project work in teams consisting of different types of professionals,
- analysis of the business, user research, specification of requirements to a product,
- design of user experiences and interactions, design of software and IT architectures,
- development of product prototypes, testing and evaluation,
- communication with stakeholders, users, and management
- project planning, including releases.
PrerequisitesPassed courses at least 90 credits within the major subject in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering (with relevant courses in Computer Engineering), Informatics, Computer Science, Interaction Design (with relevant courses in web programming) or equivalent, and completed courses Software Engineering - A Product Perspective or User Experience Design. Proof of English proficiency is required.
Level of Education: Master A1F
Course code/Ladok code: TP1S26
The course is conducted at: School of Engineering
Previous and ongoing course occasions
Type of courseProgram
SemesterAutumn 2017: Oct 09 - Jan 14
Rate of Study100%
Course coordinatorRob Day
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students13500kr