Linear Algebra and Optimization 9 Credits
Course ContentsThe course introduces several elements from the linear algebra as well as techniques for linear optimization.
The course includes the following elements:
- Systems of simultaneous linear equations and Gauss elimination
- Vectors including the basic operations and some vector geometry
- Matrices and matrix algebra
- Eigenvectors and eigenvalues
- Linear programming
- Graphical solutions to two-dimensional linear programming problems
- The simplex method and sensitivity analysis
- Duality in linear programming
- Examples of computer software for optimization
PrerequisitesGeneral entry requirements and Physics 1, Chemistry 1, Matematics 3c or Physics A, Chemistry A, Matematics D and English 6 or English B in the Swedish upper secondary school system or international equivalent.
Level of Education: Undergraduate G1N
Course code/Ladok code: TAOG17
The course is conducted at: School of Engineering
Previous and ongoing course occasions
This course is cancelled for study period Mar 25-May 27.
Type of courseProgram
SemesterSpring 2019: Mar 25 - Jun 02
Rate of Study100%
Course coordinatorTjavdar Ivanov
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students18900kr