Determinants of Oral Health, 7.5 credits
Determinants of Oral Health, 7,5 högskolepoäng
Course Syllabus for students Autumn 2019
|Confirmed by:||Utbildningsrådet Nov 28, 2017
|Valid From:||Dec 10, 2018
|Reg number:||2018/151 (313) Department of Natural Science and Biomedicine
|Education Cycle:||Basic level
|Main field of study:||Oral Health Science
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILO)
Upon completion of the course the student should have the ability to:
Knowledge and understanding
- identify and explain various determinants and their influence on oral health.
Skills and abilities
- plan and conduct a literature search regarding various determinants of oral health
- document the methodology for literature search.
Judgement and approach
- critically examine and evaluate scientific articles within the determinants of oral health.
- various determinants, such as tobacco, pharmacy and common diseases, and their effects on oral health
- literature search
- evidence-based care
Type of instruction
The course is conducted through lectures, seminars and group assignments.
The teaching is conducted in English.
General admission requirements and passing grades in courses at basic level of 30 credits in the main subject Oral Health Science (or the equivalent).
Examination and grades
The course is graded A, B, C, D, E, FX or F.
The examination will be based on a written assignment and seminars.
University lecturer serves as the course examiner.
Registration of examination:
|Name of the Test||Value||Grading
|Written assignment||1.5 credits||U/G/VG
Daly, B., Watt, R., Batchelor, P., & Treasure, E. (2013). Essential Dental Public Health. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Darby, M.L., & Walsh, M.M. (2015). Dental hygiene. Theory and practice. St. Louis: Saunders
Greenhalgh, T. (2014). How to read a paper: the basics of evidence-based medicine. Chichester: Wiley.
Additional scientific articles.
Latest edition of the course literature shall be used.