Motion Graphics, 7.5 credits
Motion Graphics, 7,5 högskolepoäng
Course Syllabus for students Autumn 2019
|Confirmed by:||Dean Oct 11, 2017
|Revised by:||Director of Education Dec 14, 2017
|Valid From:||Aug 1, 2017
|Reg number:||JTH 2017/5020-313
|Education Cycle:||Basic level
|Disciplinary domain:||Technology (95%) and social sciences (5%)
|Main field of study:||Informatics
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILO)
After a successful course, the student shall
Knowledge and understanding
- display knowledge of basic concepts and principles within the field of motion graphics
- display knowledge of key functionality in software for production of motion graphics
- display knowledge of rendering, file formats and export of a finished product within the field of motion graphics
Skills and abilities
- demonstrate the ability to carry out a project in motion graphics from idea and storyboard to final product
- demonstrate the ability to create moving images and graphics suitable for digital media
- demonstrate the ability to create animations and animated typography
- demonstrate the ability to apply keying, tracking and visual effects to excising video material
The course includes the following parts:
- Basic principles of motion graphics
- Planning and storyboards
- Tutorials and exercises in Adobe After Effects
- Keying, effects, layers and blend modes
- Animated typography
- Rendering and export of a finished production
- Orientation within the industry of motion graphics
Type of instruction
Lectures, lab work, assignments and project work.
The teaching is conducted in English.
General entry requirements and completed courses of at least 60 credits within Informatics (or equivalent) (or the equivalent).
Examination and grades
The course is graded Fail (U) or Pass (G).
The final grade will only be issued after satisfactory completion of all assessments.
Registration of examination:
|Name of the Test||Value||Grading
|Project work and assignments1||7.5 credits||U/G
Determines the final grade of the course, which is issued only when all course units have been passed.
Kursliteraturen är preliminär fram till en månad före kursstart.
Title: Effektiv visuell kommunikation
Author: B Bergström
Publisher: Carlsson Bokförlag