Custom Project Management, 7.5 credits
Projektledning i kundnära projekt, 7,5 högskolepoäng
Course Syllabus for students Autumn 2019
|Confirmed by:||Dean Apr 6, 2018
|Revised by:||Director of Education Oct 4, 2018
|Valid From:||Aug 1, 2018
|Education Cycle:||Basic level
|Disciplinary domain:||Social sciences (75%) and technology (25%)
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILO)
After a successful course, the student shall
Knowledge and understanding
- demonstrate comprehension of how human conditions and limitations impact the choice of a product/service
Skills and abilities
- demonstrate skills of conducting a project based on the students own specific competence in collaboration with a client
- demonstrate skills of using project methodology in a business-like way
- demonstrate the ability to present, discuss and motivate the chosen solution
- demonstrate the ability to take a holistic view from idea to finished product/service within product and service design, with the client and the user in focus
Judgement and approach
- demonstrate the ability to assess relevant methods and solutions based on social and ethical aspects
The course contains theories of the surrounding world as well as models and methods of human behaviour that are translated into a project work. The project work is based on a client’s perceived problem that is realized in the form of a solution, product or service.
The course includes the following parts:
- Business intelligence analysis before the design project
- Human conditions and limitations and its impact the choice of a product/service
- Theories, methods and models for product and service design
- Interpret client requirements, analyse, design and present solutions in project form
Type of instruction
The course is conducted through lectures, assignments and project work.
The teaching is conducted in English.
General entry requirements and completion of the courses Graphic Design and Visual Communication, 15 credits, Applied Web Architecture, 15 credits and Interaction Design, 7,5 credits (or the equivalent).
Examination and grades
The course is graded 5,4,3 or Fail .
The final grade for the course is based on a balanced set of assessments. The final grade will only be issued after satisfactory completion of all assessments.
Registration of examination:
|Name of the Test||Value||Grading
|Written examination||2.5 credits||5/4/3/U
|Written and oral report on project work||3 credits||5/4/3/U
The litterature list for the course will be provided one month before the course starts.
Name: Strategic Integrated Marketing Communications
Author: Larry Percy
Published 2014 or later