Additive Manufacturing: Concept, Methods, Applications 5 CreditsThis course comprises all the fundamental elements in the field of Additive Manufacturing (AM). The course focuses on AM’s dynamics and unique characteristics which have the potential to be utilized as a feasible production system both as a standalone technology or in combination with conventional technologies for industrial manufacturing purposes. Basic introduction, various technological classes (as defined by ASTM standard), workflow, design, and applications of AM technologies are among the subjects that are going to be covered during this course.
Course ContentsThis course aims at establishing a comprehensive knowledge base within the concept of AM.
The course includes the following elements:
- Definition of basic concepts, introduction of technologies, advantages and limitations of additive manufacturing
- Classification of technologies, main characteristics, and applications
- Cataloguing workflow by covering steps from CAD generation to manufacturing and post-processing
- Comprehension of design for AM (DFAM) and its implications for manufacturers
- Exploration of applications and value propositions through studying business cases
These elements cover the most relevant topics associated with making parts/products through AM technologies. The syllabus provides professional insights into implementation of AM processes within organizations by bridging the gap between AM capabilities and the skills that are required to implement them across industries.
PrerequisitesThe applicant must have 40 credits in the main field of study, Technology, and at least 2 years of relevant work experience in the industry
Level of Education: Master
Course code/Ladok code: TATR21
The course is conducted at: School of Engineering
Previous and ongoing course occasions
Type of courseSingle subject
Number of required meetings3
SemesterSpring 2023: Feb 06 - May 07
Rate of Study25%
Number of places10
Course coordinatorMilad Ashour Pour
ExaminerMilad Ashour Pour
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students12500kr